Zach V. Thomas

The Olathe Criminal Defense Lawyer

Has Your Child Been charged with a crime?

If your son or daughter is facing criminal allegations, I encourage you to contact me for a free case evaluation. During the evaluation, you can expect me to review the charges and possible punishments with you and your child, to discuss the process, and to educate you as to your roles and duties during the process. Prior to applying for diversion or signing a plea agreement, I encourage you to contact me for a free consultation so that I can highlight potential areas of concern.

Experienced in juvenile law

Every criminal lawyer does not have the ability to properly represent a juvenile in a juvenile criminal proceeding. There are distinctions between Adult and Criminal work. When consulting with an attorney, ask how often he/she practices in Juvenile court. My interest in advocating for children has caused anywhere from 20-40% of my time to be spent in juvenile court. My juvenile practice doesn’t focus on plea agreements and/or diversion. I’ll walk you through all of the discovery and stand by you and your child as we move forward with the case.

Tried many Juvenile Jury cases

There are not many attorneys in the area with experience trying juvenile jury trials. Rest assured, I have tried juvenile cases and am more than willing to take that route again if needed. I handle a wide array of juvenile cases and am prepared to defend your child against any misdemeanor or felony charge, including but not limited to:

• Drug Crimes
• Alcohol Crimes
• Theft/Shoplifting
• Violent Crimes
• Sex Crimes
• Traffic Infractions

If you’ve made it this far, chances are that you or someone you know needs representation. Don’t wait, contact me at (913) 717-9881 for a free evaluation.

Best of Bar
Avvo Lawyer
Super Lawyer
Top Trial Lawyer
Expert Lawyers
Kansas Asian Lawyer
Johnson County Bar Lawyers
National defense LAwyer
Kansas criminal defense

  • Juvenile Crimes STATUTE
  • 38-2330. Juvenile taken into custody, when; procedure; release; detention in jail. (a) A law enforcement officer may take a juvenile into custody when:

    (1) Any offense has been or is being committed in the officer's view;
    (2) the officer has a warrant commanding that the juvenile be taken into custody;
    (3) the officer has probable cause to believe that a warrant or order commanding that the juvenile be taken into custody has been issued in this state or in another jurisdiction for an act committed therein;
    (4) the officer has probable cause to believe that the juvenile is committing or has committed an act which, if committed by an adult, would constitute:
    (A) A felony; or
    (B) a misdemeanor and: (i) The juvenile will not be apprehended or evidence of the offense will be irretrievably lost unless the juvenile is immediately taken into custody; or (ii) the juvenile may cause injury to self or others or damage to property or may be injured unless immediately taken into custody;